Tuesday, January 17, 2012

25 Questions

Just to help orient myself I made a list of 25 questions to ask the Field study program.


1. How close will I be to the high schools
2. How many high schools are there in the area?
3. What is the predicted return date?
4. Would I be able to run an afterschool program?
5. How can contact information of the local schools to pre-plan my research and assistance?
6. Besides Church, What meeting does our group do together?
7. How close are we to the Temple?
8. Could I carry a calling?
9. Do we have to were any kind of uniform or where a badge?
10. If I get sick, what medical attention can I expect?
11. What do you know about local crime? Have host family ever stolen from the students?
12. Will the host families let me cook? Do they have a frig and freezer?
13. What keeps BYU students busy in Mexico? The school day only last so long?
14. If I bring my cell phone, will I be charged form long distance calling?
15. Is there an internet Café where there? Or do they have Wifi?
16. Will I need to upgrade my Wifi to better wireless internet?
17. How close is the nearest large shopping center?
18. Will I take out money through ATMs or banks?
19. What are the expectation BYU has of me in terms of research and assignments?
20. For my classes will I have online tests, or how will it work?

Preparation
21. What is the purpose of the class?
22. Can I read some research of other field study students that went to Mexico?
23. What extra help can I get in forming my theses and research plan?
24. How can I find faculty members researching education?

Post Mexico
25. What would I need to do to publish my research?
  

No comments:

Post a Comment